Sunday, November 30, 2008

We cut our own Christmas tree this year.

We decided to go up to Lake Tahoe, buy a tree cutting permit and cut our own tree this year. We had the "Christmas Vacation" movie on our minds as we drove up the mountain. Judy suggested that we take a stick up to measure, so I used my painting pole and we could size up potential trees easily. Jeremy and McKenzie were set on chopping down a tree with an axe, but I over ruled with the use a of cordless reciprocating saw. It was the biggest tree lot, I have ever been in. We walked probably only a 1/4 mile from the truck. Seemed like a 1/2 mile when it came time to carry the tree back out! It was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Comando said...

Wow! How much fun. Yet it sounds like a lot of work. You'll need to take pictures of it when it's decorated. I can't wait to see how it looks. Hope all of your holiday's are going well so far.