Monday, September 22, 2008

Our Saturday project

Judy wanted some shelves under the garage window for some time now. I still have to stain a few shelves, add the face frames and then some doors. (It never seems to end...)
Always seems to take longer to do your own projects at home.
The guy that put in our shutters in the garge thought we were crazy. Since he left a 1" gap at the bottom of them and he wanted to finish them to something. Now, it makes more sense.

Another honey do item done! At least we are on our way.
Judy will not rest until the garage is clean.
I do have to admit. It looks nicer than the stack of wood with stuff piled on top of it.

Great place for Judy's garden stuff.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE the Elsmores' home projects! Judy has such great vision and taste, and Jim is so good to whip it out.

If you ever finish Judy's list and feel like you want some other home project, come see the Martins!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow... It really does look good.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous - good job, Jim...Sheryl

You did good, too, Judy, bugging Jim to get it done!

Comando said...

You have done a lot on your project list Jim. It all looks great. Riley's play house, the bbq, and now the garage. Judy you are going to have to tell me your secret in getting Jim to actually do the things on his list. I ask Brandon and I wait for over three months if not longer before I get fed up and just do them myself. What is the secret or is Jim just one to do them happily?

JamiLeigh said...

Was that in the small or big garage? I've never seen that wall in my life! : ) Looks great Mom and Dad.

Jim Elsmore said...

Most of our house was done before we moved in. The last 20% of the work has been slow. (Riley's House BBQ and Patio cover) I did the dining room woodwork last year when Judy volunteered our home for a reception. The extra stuff was not done in the yard at that time. Then when Jami's reception was to be in our backyard...more had to get done. So, the answer is...Have a wedding reception at your home and things HAVE to get done! :-)

Katie said...

Nice!! I have a soft spot for book, storage, and kitchen shelving. Looks spacious!!