Sunday, September 14, 2008

Riley Meets Sarah Palin at Campaign Rally in Carson City - 9/13/08



Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin shakes hands with a girl after speaking Saturday at a campaign rally in Carson City.

Las Vegas Review Journal got the shot! (Click on title to see article)


I had a hard time pushing through the crowd to get Riley up front. We were standing about 75' back during the speech. Then after the speech I decided to attempt to get to the front. Judy held onto the back of my shirt and I proceeded to push forward. I made a few friends along the way. :-)
As I got within 10' of the short fence where the secret service was walking along with Sarah Palin. An aide of Sarah Palin's signaled that I needed to get Riley up to the front. The Sea of people did not part, so I pushed on through. It was just full body to body contact squeezing to the front!
Once there, Riley was putting her hands up and calling, Sarah, Sarah!

Sarah Palin was saying, Hi to many people up the line. Then when she caught sight of Riley, came over and said, changing her tone, "Hi, What is your name?"
Riley answered, "Riley".
Sarah said, "You are Beautiful." Riley replied, "Thank You."

Sarah then called for her husband, Todd to come on over.

Riley enjoyed the rally as you can see from the picture!

Here is some of the speech.....

12 comments:

nevadanista said...

WOW!!!!!!! That picture is fantastic!!!!! Yay for Riley :) :) :)

nevadanista said...

And it looks like Sarah is punching Jim in the face :D

nevadanista said...

Oh, is that your one eye in the picture Judy?

Judy said...

yes it most certainly is.

Jen H said...

That is awesome!! What a great picture of Riley!!!

Greg and Sariah said...

That is sooo awesome. And Judy...I can see you too!!!

Jenn G. said...

What a great photo opp!

Sherece said...

Nice pic Riley, you look nice too Uncle Jim!

Lynell said...

Okay that is so dang cool I can hardly believe it. Wow!! Riley looks adorable.

I am so glad I found your blog again. I was wondering if you could send me the recipe for the fruit mix that you used to make the drink at the reception.

I was going to post a few pictures of Loni's room now that I am done painting. The paint color was called rasberry fizz. I thought with a name like that I had to post the recipe for the drink which I am now calling the same thing. Ü

jacobsondaly at comcast dot net

Danila said...

What a great story, it brought tears to my eye's. Riley has a way of capturing everyone's heart. What a great picture!

Katie said...

How neat!! Great pic!

Comando said...

That is an awesome picture.